Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Being Healthy & Working Out!


I am not someone who loves working out, I actually avoid it allot, mostly because I have good genes (thanks mom & dad!) that allow me to stay slim, so working out & eating healthy never seemed like something I had to do. Exercise & great nutrition are SO important & I’m terrible at incorporating both in my life! Coca-Cola & chocolate are my worst enemies (& my tastiest best friends). Being naturally thin& "looking healthy" is great & all... no, actually it’s not, you are tricked into thinking you are healthy & you don't need to change your awful workout & eating habits. That's why I want to start working out & eating healthy to see what my body can do & look like if I give this my all & to prove that I can do it.


I recently hired my cousin (who is a personal trainer) to kick my ass back into shape. Yes, personal trainers are very expensive, but they are also a great investment. It's a great way to get motivated to work out (I am not about to waste all of that hard earned money for nothing) & it's also a great way to learn how to properly complete all the exercises, this will avoid any injuries & will ensure optimal results. What I love about my personal training sessions is that they are only 45 minutes, they are very intense & having a personal trainer following you is a HUGE motivational tool (you don't want to disappoint them!!). Hiring a personal trainer doesn't have to be permanent either, do what your budget allows you to do & take in everything the trainer is teaching you, you can incorporate it for your at home workouts later when your budget doesn't allow this kind of luxury. I walk to work every day, 30 min each way & I am doing one personal training (PT) session a week (what I can afford at the moment) & this gives me access to all of their classes, which are the most intense I have ever done!

Wish me luck, I will be showing you my favorite at home workouts soon & also sharing some of my favorite healthy treats (once I find some that I like!)

 
Please check out my YouTube video to see the workout gear I recently bought from Forever21 & Victoria's Secret:

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment